10.07.2009

CUSTOM WEDDING FLOWERS AND DETAILS


































































I got married just about this time last year (my anniversary is coming up next weekend!) and if you saw my wedding on snippet and ink you can see the low down on how we did the whole thing for under $5000. I'm very fortunate to know a lot of people in the industry, and very fortunate to have family and friends who were willing to pitch in a lot of time and energy into making our wedding a super fantastic time. but anyway, back on track... I made my flower bouquet, out of flannel and felt, and I LOVED making it. So much so, that I have been crafting away in my spare time, and I am finally ready to put these out in the world. The bouquets measure about 11 inches wide, with a sturdy 8 inch stem. Bridesmaid blooms are 9 inches wide, and flower girl blooms will be 6 inches. They are handcrafted out of custom dyed overstock burberry linen, quality wool felt, and can have their leaf embroidered with your initials, or wedding date! The slightly smaller flower is a pretty white peony bloom that will (along with many others just like it) line the center of long rectangular tables for floral decorations at a winter wedding. And the small blooms are going to be pins, hairpieces, bouteniers, and other options coming soon. Right now, they are available through Churchtown Chapeau Co. If you are interested in ordering fabric flowers for your wedding (or any other celebration) shoot me an email!